Intertextual Connections


Relocation: in search for new batteries

Coming 1st July marks a year at Sara Lee. What better way to reflect it than spending a night over at our new office (yes, we're moving!). Check it out at www.jaya33.com -> entirely fitting to Sara Lee colours too; red & white.

I took a graveyard shift on Friday night, starting from 11pm. I packed. My sleeping bag, my pillow, took a radio and a stack of CDs, a new bible loaned to me by Aunt YK; but alas, not all were used. Some were even unopened. 

It was a long and tiring night. We move fast, I tell  ya! Real fast. We started at 1pm on Friday afternoon and we were done by 5:30am! Those guys could move stuff I tell  you; was wondering whether they were looters or robbers back in India because they could make things go. 

I had good fun with them, all 14 of the Indian boys. I could only say 2 words in tamil - 'nan-de-ri' i.e. thank you and 'Rajinikanth'  which is famous actor in Southern India. At least that brought smiles and laughter as they carried and I was coordinating the move with another colleague.

During our rest breaks, we dwelve into conversations; a perfect chance to get to know one another. He asked about my bible and faith, and we spoke about feng shui as the new office had some elements of it. Touching on issues of marriage and children, as he is married and my status view on it being well, very much far from it. Though, I had wish he could be with his wife and let the single man stay here instead. But a good guy he is. 

Come Monday, I start my second year at Sara Lee at a fresh new place. New goals, new visions and new priorities for myself. I am excited. 

Oh, I slept the whole day since the morning. I was too tired to budge. Miss the gym, badminton. Managed to cath The Invitation at Segi College, a drama by SJGC folks. I liked it. Especially the Heart Drama. I miss the stars and tape on wooden floors, I miss the anxiety on stage and overwhelmingness of God's goodness after and to see it on their faces. Killing two birds with one stone was ideal as I met Uncle Steven too, great person and yes, we have to do some duck soon and catch up. 

My mouse is out of batteries, need to replace them. I need some new ones for myself too. 

A relocation.
A set of batteries.
Just the remedy for my tiredness. 

3 Responses to “Relocation: in search for new batteries”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    This comment has been removed by the author.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    OOpss.....

    Hey ya!
    Lolx..
    You stopped drama-ing? That I'm confused..
    Well,killing two birds with one stone..A good phrase to use,indeed.Uncle Steven..he rocks man..yay! he's TRU camp speaker this year..AWESOME!!
    Aite, catch up with you soon..see ya!

    Christina
    *That's if you remember me*  

  3. # Blogger rizumu

    Hey Chris!

    At first, I didn't :) coz there's like many other christina's. So trying to jog my memory on that, well the picture and blog link helped!

    surprise surprise :)

    drama-ing? well yeah kinda, footstool on a break this year. So looking at the stage after post performance kinda brought back memories.

    again, well done :)  

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.